Introduce yourself!

I might just do it :slight_smile: Thank you for suggesting!

1 Like

Hello! I’m Alison, I’m from the UK but live in Barcelona, Spain. I’m a freelance writer, specializing in content for learning purposes, from e-learning modules to explainer videos. I’m bringing UX writing principles to LX! Find me on LinkedIn.

A topic about which I am most passionate and endlessly learning?
The amazingness of (non-human) life on Earth :herb: (and the amazingness and wisdom of the human body).

Check out the topic of Biomimicry, it’s super cool.This year has been really transformational for me in seeing how the underlying assumptions of our culture and the systems we’ve created over the past few hundred years have caused ecological damage, and I’m still learning what my role can be in bringing about the social changes we need. Just little inconsequential stuff like that :wink:

1 Like

Hi Everyone! Today is our third session of the training program about Values Based Project Design. We are going to review how to define your development model and learning approach to a project design, Remember that your participation in the training program will give you a badge from NovoEd in the community platform and a participation diploma from Fundación Cecilia A. C. and Núcleo Cero S. C.

This training program is totally in Spanish. We hope to see you all connected at 6:00 p.m. Mexico City Time

Here you have the zoom link DISEÑO DE PROYECTOS BASADOS EN VALORES

Also I share with you the season 1 summary.

600x180
Todo proyecto social, para definirse a sí mismo como tal, tiene que entenderse como un acto de redistribución de la riqueza y reivindicación del papel de ciertas poblaciones en la historia …
Go to this Sway

2 Likes

Welcome @AlisonBCN ! Based off of the topics you’re most interested in, I thought you might enjoy a post @Roxann recently shared - Biophilic Offices: More Productive office environments and Higher Levels of Well Being Glad to have you here!

1 Like

Hi Everyone! I share the third summary of our conferences about Values Based Project Design. I want to thanks to @LynnEsquer for all the support.

I’ll be open to your thoughts and ideas about the information :slight_smile:

600x180
A social project is one that is committed to achieving a positive change in a population that, based on its objective reality, requires overcoming historically imposed barriers and thus bei…
Go to this Sway

2 Likes

hello! my name is tati alves de oliveira, i work with tech teaching and now i’m studying instructional design and educational consulting. i don’t have a job right now because times are crazy around here, i’m from brazil, so i’m trying to focusing on learning and developing my skills. my linkedin is https://linkedin.com/in/tatialveso and i really love talking about acessibility in education, books and diversity!

2 Likes

Hello everyone. My name is Jesse Stollings and I am a Learning Experience Designer at Gerent, a Salesforce Consulting partner. I got my first taste of L&D back in 1978 when I helped created training material to teach other Boy Scouts to safely enjoy their time in a canoe. I was hooked. As an adult I continued to be involved in L&D as a firefighter in the US Air Force where I eventually became the Assistant Chief of Training. I also spent some time as the Training Officer for a Sheriffs Dept, a Training Supervisor for a credit card processor and spent enough time in a high school classroom to retire from that job before a short stint as the Training Coordinator at a cybersecurity company before landing my current role.

Over the years I have seen quite a few changes in not only how training is conducted but also in how it is created. I will be honest, some of the things I am doing now are way out of my comfort zone, but I enjoy learning things to help me to become better at what I do.

I am excited to learn more about creating the learner’s journey (by the way I LOVE how the emphasis has shifted from “teaching” to “learning”) because I feel this is something I do not know enough about and I also realize that the learners expectations of what the experience are evolving as well.

One thing that was a huge “ah-ha” moment for me was how I need to not only make sure the learners KNOW how to do something, but to make sure they have the confidence to do it.

I am really excited to learn from all of you and to become a part of this community.

2 Likes

Hi all, I am Iván Sánchez, an engineer passionate about nature. Nowadays working in a manufacturing company in UAE, however I worked before in Indonesia, Kenya and Perú.

I am really happy to find this LX community!, and as probably some facilitators (@Roxann ) here I was able to support the LXD course as a LXD Coach I think around 5 to 6 years ago. It was an amazing experience with a lot of people giving feedback and crafting their own projects or helping organizations in that line.

I am interested in topics like biomimicry, system thinking, regenerative leadership and many others that are converging on holistic tools or processes to develop urgently needed systemic changes.

Feel free to be in touch and have a great day!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ivansanchezc/

2 Likes

Hello,
My name is Sydney Avery. Currently I’m with Fidelity Investments in customer advocacy and am new to the Learning Design Space. I’m really passionate about travel and making all the small changes that can add up to big changes.

2 Likes

Hello all!

My name is Keysha and I am an HR generalist but wanting to break into L&D. I work for an education tech (edtech) company and am the administrator for our LMS (learning mgmt system) but I would love to learn more about learning design to be able to make content and courses since we have hourly employees who can benefit from a more robust learning experience.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Maristela.

I am an L&D professional with extensive experience designing and directing multiple learning programs, professional development sessions, and agile-learning frameworks. I’m currently working in Dubai, UAE. I started my career in training and development during the days of flipcharts, overhead slides, and have used a variety of learning tool kits for almost 20 years. In this context, I’m very interested to explore the features of LXD and how it transcends instructional design in terms of learner engagement. learning retention, and application in the workplace.

I would very much like to learn from everyone and please feel free to add me in your LinkedIn network:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/maristela-albores/

2 Likes

Hi Keysha @KeyshaT
Glad to meet you in the LX Community! Check out some of the AI resource posts these might be of interest to you :).

Hi Ivan!!! @ivan

I’m so happy to see you here in the LX Community!!! Thanks for the shout out! Yes, it was I think over 5 or 6 years ago :slight_smile:

Hi @JesseSt and welcome! What a cool background in L&D- thanks for sharing! Also, I love your comment about making sure learners have the confidence to do something in addition to knowing how to do it. What are some of the things you’re currently working on that are “out of your comfort zone” as you say? I bet there are others here who could relate!

1 Like

Welcome, @ivan ! If you have any good content to share around biomimicry, system thinking and/or regenerative leadership- please do so in our Content channel! I’m sure others would enjoy reading content around these topics as well. :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome @KeyshaT ! You’ll definitely find some good learning design content here in the LX. You might also be interested in NovoEd’s acclaimed LXD Course.

More than 32,000 L&D professionals have completed the five-week, SHRM-certified course, Learning Experience Design: From Ideas to Impact. Co-managed by Entelechy, the curriculum enables participants to think in a more powerful way about learning experiences, your role, your network, and your learners.

You can learn more and sign up for our fall program here: Learning Experience Design Course | LXD Certificate & Training | NovoEd

Again, welcome and happy to have you here! :grinning:

Welcome @Maristela81 ! We’re so happy to have you here. I’m sure you’ve got some GREAT experiences to share.

Would love to hear about some of the changes you’ve seen over your 20 years of experience! What would you say has been the biggest change when it comes to designing courses?

Hi everyone, I am so excited to have the opportunity to learn from this community. I am relatively new to corporate instructional design as I have a K12 education field background. I can be ‘LinkedIn’ at https://www.linkedin.com/in/hetlenajohnson/.

2 Likes

Welcome @hjohnsonec ! Are there certain L&D topics of particular interest to you?

1 Like