Introduce yourself!

Welcome, @Barbs ! Have you read any good articles recently on blending content for learners? I’d love to share it with the group as this is a topic that comes up a lot.

1 Like

Hello there! I am excited to join this community.

I am Daniel Orivweruvwe and I work as a Coach (Leadership and Development) at Teach For Nigeria. In this position, I directly support twenty-three amazing young professionals who are bridging the education inequity gap by teaching students and leading impact in low-income schools. I also function in the Curriculum Team which is responsible for providing support for the training and leadership of the 600+ Fellows.

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/daniel.orievweruvwe

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Remeka (ReeMeeku) Turk, I am excited to learn from this community. I develop learning programs for adults and youth. I also teach technical concepts to adult learners. I’ve been in this business for 20 years. It is always exciting to learn new things.

LinkedIn Profile

2 Likes

Hi all,

my Name is Marjana Adomeit and I am a Learning Technology Manager with Intuitive Surgical. Here you can find my Linkedin Profile.

I am passionate about building Learning Landscapes and find the right set up of a Learning Experience for our Employees.

I am looking forward to connect with you.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am Aparajita Sen, working full-time as an Instructional Designer at Motherson Technology Services with a relevant 1.5 years of experience in Corporate Learning and Development. Before transitioning into ID, I had 5.5 years of full-time experience in Copywriting, SEO Content Writing, Blogging, K-12 course development, and brief High-Ed academic writing.

You can also check my LinkedIn Profile.

And, I am eager to learn more about the opportunities, potential and best practices in LXD.

2 Likes

Welcome @MsSpock! I imagine you’ve seen quite a few changes over the past 20 years. Looking forward to learning more about your experiences! What would you say some of the biggest differences are between learning programs for adults vs youth?

Hi Melissa,
Nice to connect with you. As far as the differences, hmm. I would say definitely go more experiential with youth. Adults require a degree of experiential learning as well, but youth are used to being lectured to and need the fun, engagement that experitial learning brings to the table. We develop to prevent telling them almost anything. Even the results of their personality assessments are gamified in a way.

1 Like

Love that. I feel like gamification and how it intersects L&D in general would be a great topic to get some good discussion going around. Any good conversation starters you can think of around this topic? It would be great to post in the L&D channel!

Hey All! My name is Kara Clark and was a customer of NovoEd. I spent the last 22 years working for Motorola Solutions in our Worldwide Sales Enablement organization designing and building new hire programs, employee development programs, and sales leadership programs for our North America sellers. In 2021 we utilized NovoEd to deliver these programs with great success! So much so that I was presented with the challenge of scaling our programs globally. As you may have figured out, NovoEd made the scaling process so incredibly easy. Thanks to NovoEd for an amazing product!

Now I’m looking for the next challenge of my career and am excited to see what lies ahead.

2 Likes

Welcome, @karaclark! Thanks for sharing your experience- that’s wonderful to hear! What were some of your favorite NovoEd features?

1 Like

Thanks Melissa!

Oh goodness, so many great features. We had just finished a full year of utilization so I’m sure I had more to learn, but NovoEd is so easy and that, overall, is my favorite feature. More specifically, being able to upload video content into the programs, setting up assignments and quizzes, gamification, video pitch practice to name a few.

2 Likes

Hello!
My name is Sofia Ugarte, I am a Collegiate Success Coach at New Mexico State University and a novel freelance learning experience designer. This is my LinkedIn profile, https://www.linkedin.com/in/sofiugarte/
The topic I am currently passionate about is culturally sustaining online learning and accesibility.

3 Likes

Welcome, @msugarte ! This is such a great topic. You should start a conversation around culturally sustaining online learning in the “General” category. This topic comes up a lot and I’m sure a lot of folks in this community would have some great examples to share. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi everyone! To all of you who speak spanish, I invite you to the conference cicle that we are launching between NovoEd, Núcleo Cero S. C. and Fundación Cecilia A. C. about the social and learning and development projects design. You can receive a diploma and a badge in the community if you participate in the 80% of the sessions. The next session is on October 28th.

The link for our next session is this https://novoed.zoom.us/j/87959744597

Here it is the overview of our first season. We will be happy to see you in our next session.

600x180
Todo proyecto social, para definirse a sí mismo como tal, tiene que entenderse como un acto de redistribución de la riqueza y reivindicación del papel de ciertas poblaciones en la historia …
Go to this Sway

2 Likes

FMarcos HS

Hello. My name is Frances. I have been living in Portugal for four years with my wife and four children. I am a freelance intructional/graphic/web designer. I have been working in this field for about two years now–after teaching ESL online–and I am learning new things all the time. I love this field and am passionate about making education more accessible, inclusive, and fun!

2 Likes

This is great @MiguelAranda - Do you want to post something in the “En Espanol” category?! En Español - The LX Community

1 Like

Hi Melissa! I’ve already share all the information in the En Español space! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Christina McShine de Jiménez, but I prefer to be called CJ. I am the owner and founder of 21teki, a company that provides elearning solutions for the tech and non-profit sectors. I specialize in building simulations. Currently, I am renewing my scrum master certification and learning more about all things agile, and how they can be applied in the L&D space. You can connect with me on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/21teki/

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Daniela Guerrero and I’m Content Coordinator for TechStyle, I’m passionate about personal development and leadership, here’s my linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielamontes/

2 Likes

Welcome @Dany_Guerrero! You should start a conversation in the L&D category about leadership development! L&D - The LX Community

2 Likes