Designing a Blended Learning Course

Fellow Professionals and Experts,
I am embarking on a design, development and delivery journey for a couple of programs (as a consultant and external provider).
I firmly believe the LX is the way to go, but I am a bit unsure which aspects of the program to design in what format?
As we are putting together the program objectives, and the SMEs are putting together the content, which parts of the content to deliver as a short video vs. a discussion topic vs. a research assignment vs. maybe designing a game or an activity/simulation?

The intention is to use an agile approach (something like SAM), so also the challenge of preparing a prototype/Minimum Viable Product looms.

Insights, advice resources are all appreciated

Thanks and regards,
Khaled

3 Likes

ooh! You ask the deep questions, @KReda! I replied privately to you, but others here in the LX may also have some insights, additional questions for you. I’m curious to know more about the nature/high-level profile of your learners, how they typically access content, and what your goals are.

You are welcome to browse our resources, especially the ebook, "Blueprint for Digital Blended Learning" to study the steps, gaps, learning mix, and measurements - including timeline - that will help. Hope this is helpful. -Annie

1 Like

Interesting @KReda , this could be an experience in process model. Fun part about SAM is the iterative process during design and development so first reaction (mind you, first cup of coffee too!) is to have the designer(s) be a part of the programs being developed and use the actual projects iterative moments to create teachable, experiental, moments too. In the workflow there’s learningflow that also be iterative.

Maybe take this outline and reverse engineer? 5 Tips to Use SAM for Successful E-learning Development (commlabindia.com)

2 Likes

For me, I think it depends on what the objectives for the course are - I use the objectives to help drive my thinking around where do learners need to be able to apply vs. know, etc. as this dictates a different type of solution depending on what you are trying to achieve. I know this isn’t super specific, but happy to elaborate more if it is helpful! :grinning:

1 Like

@awhittaker Thanks! Can you maybe give some examples that will illustrate your comment?

Very good write-up. I certainly love this website. Thanks! eLearning Solutions

3 Likes

Hi Annie,

I would like to browse the ebook that you recommended in your reply but am unsure where to find it. Could you share the link or location for it?