Designing Environments to Reduce Burn Out

Over 20 x Stress and BurnOut are mentioned in this article.
Why? The people most responsible for team performance are also at the highest risk of burning out."…
invest in a wellbeing program engineered specifically for managers:

Gallup analysis finds that when employees strongly agree that their organization [cares about their overall wellbeing, 59% of them also believe they can always bounce back after hardship.

TIP:
Design ideal environments that are as comfortable and inviting as possible. Employees need spaces for both gathering and getting away from the buzz.

Gallup

Have you designed environments for reducing stress?

1 Like

This is such a great angle to consider when working with people who may not be thinking about the user experience from the get-go.
I have not intentionally designing an environment for reducing stress but I would love to hear about or see examples.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @rebecca.taub ,

Two additional resources designing for workplace health and wellbeing.
I focused here on designing for kindness.
#5 designing for kindness.
Research highly suggests kind people have 23% less cortisol (the stress
hormone) and age slower than the average population.

Design for Kindness
PDF Dartmouth

Questo Resources for Designing for Hope, Trust, Compassion and Stability

2 Likes

Thanks @Roxann - I had not seen this before. I wonder if people have examples of learning design for kindness in online learning experiences. I attended a webinar facilitated by Flower Darby yesterday called “The Spark of Online Learning”. She highlighted the research about how neuroscience and the science of emotions impacts learning, which is especially challenging in an online learning environment. The slides from her presentation are available at TeachOnline.ca. #mindbodyconnection

1 Like