Introduce yourself!

Hi Mike. Love that you included a picture! (Personally, my family is traveling from the US to Scotland this summer!). Love that you’re passionate about sales training - do you have a viewpoint you’d like to share? I’m sure many of us can learn from you.

Hi Paul, Welcome! We’re glad to have you here. You must have some great perspectives, having been in the space for so long - I hope you share your expertise with us! Perhaps you can share your perspectives about where L&D is headed in the next 5-10 years?

Thanks - looking forward to the discussions and interactions here.

Hi, my name is Kelley Williamson and I am the Director, IT Training at a large Healthcare Organization in Colorado. I am very passionate about revolutionizing the way we train in healthcare and hope that this course will gain me other insights into LXP’s.

LinkedIn: (99+) Williamson Kelley | LinkedIn

3 Likes

Welcome, Kelley! We are curious to hear/know more about your ideas of revolutionizing healthcare training. This is the online discussion community (which is separate from our 5-week LXD course) and you can follow the insights in various threads, including this one.

2 Likes

Hi, When I first joined healthcare about 10+ years ago from many corporate environments it was an eye opener on how long it took for decisions to be made and truthfully the lack of tools that were available to make training and experience for employees the best. I was in HR first and then had the opportunity to be involved in a project that would change the way healthcare was delivered and that was the implementation of an electronic medical record system. I jumped at the chance to move to this team and was able through the vendor to implement some new tools, but training remained face to face. Over the past three years we have removed to asynchronous training (quickly during COVID to recorded sessions - available anytime/anywhere) to the purchase of two new vendors that will allow us to record training within the EMR and assess their performance through Artificial Intelligence.

Healthcare training is mostly face to face but with COVID that changed, but I have seen a lot of healthcare organizations move back to face to face. Our learners that are coming into the organization are a new breed of learners and no longer want to sit in a classroom since they truly learn through videos like You Tube. To meet these needs we are embarking on a journey of meeting the learner in their moment of learning/need through microlearnings (tip sheets/videos/sims) that are 90 seconds or less and are embedded into the EMR. We are also reskilling our delivery/classroom trainers to become coaches. They will have the use of Learning Avatars/Personas to view all types of data points on our employees and see where they are struggling. When struggling they will be able to schedule training or interventions with a person, unit/clinic or whatever is needed. Those are a few of our revolutionizing the way we train but a lot more to come. Happy to share.

1 Like

I’m a Creative Learning & Development Designer passionate about design and content creation aligned with key performance indicators that drive results. I lead projects from initial briefing to launch day and beyond, utilizing diverse and engaging strategies across the United States, Canada, and China.
ByMel

2 Likes

Whoa! Look at the animated and active introduction by @Melby11 ! Very cool. Sounds as if you work with a global firm or an international company. Have you noticed specific trends in the global L&D arenas? What’s “what” with DEI, or with employee engagement across cultures? Is connectivity an issue for your learners? Thank you for being here.

1 Like

Hey All! Good to be here. I am new in LXD. I am a Content Developer. I look forward to learning and networking on this platform. Cheers!

2 Likes

Welcome, @VictorStan. Do you specialize in content? We look forward to reading/learning from you.

1 Like

I’m totally agreeing with you especially about changing the way information is created, and accessed by learners. I taught and introduced the universal design learning term UDL and also a YouTube session for academics over a decade ago and it was met with curiosity and a bunch of skepticism. The mindset for learning needs to includes multiple means of expression, providing information for learners in multiple formats- audio, video, text, and making these accessible. Great comment! @williamsonkelley

1 Like

Welcome @VictorStan ! We’re happy you’re here!

Welcome @williamsonkelley we are so thrilled you are here!

Hello everyone! I am Madhu (she/ Her) from Chennai ( south of India). Really excited to be part of LXD program and looking forward to learning and contributing.
I am more interested to learn about design experience in hybrid model that will bring higher attraction to learning and doing.

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome. I am from Colorado and work in the Healthcare field. I am looking forward to understanding more about LXD and how it can enhance our new hire training plus all other training. We are currently embarking on a redesign of all of our new hire training (over 120+ courses) so this course is timely.

2 Likes

Hi @AnnieM Thank you for the compliment!

Since November China has heightened its rules for extracurricular learning that originates outside of Mainland China. This has greatly impacted companies like VIPKid that connect Chinese students to teachers in English speaking countries to learn English.

~ Best
Melby

1 Like

Welcome, @madsaravind. For bonus material on design experience and business insights, check out NovoEd’s blog.

2 Likes

Welcome @madsaravind! We’re so pleased you’re here. Enjoy the LXD course - I know the time of the live events is awkward for those in Southeast Asia, but if there’s any way you can make it, they’re truly course highlights - the chats are off the charts!

@williamsonkelley Glad to hear you’re in the LXD course - I think it’ll help you in your redesign - get you in the mental space and help you think of things in a different way. And be sure to ask questions during the live events - those who get involved in those seem to get really fired up and do great work afterward! And stay engaged here - there’s lots of good conversation that happens :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I am Khaled and happy to be here and join all the LX folk. Looking forward to many fruitful interactions and insights.
I am a consultant with a background in Oil and Gas (started technical then switched to HR and L&D).
Lots more about me in my LinkedIn profile and my slightly outdated company website Per Asper Ad Astra

1 Like