The LX Presents: Our 1-Year Anniversary Celebration on February 16th and YOU’RE INVITED!

Hello, Thanks for the Invitation.

2 Likes

Here are the answers to questions asked

1. What is the best way to incorporate peer feedback?

The best way to incorporate peer feedback is to provide clear guidelines and criteria for the feedback, establish a safe and supportive environment for feedback exchange, and ensure that feedback is constructive and specific.

1. What role, if any, does gamification play in course creation?

Gamification can play a significant role in course creation by incorporating game elements such as points, badges, and leaderboards to increase engagement, motivation, and learning outcomes. However, it’s important to ensure that the game elements align with the learning objectives and are not overly distracting or competitive.

1. How will organization-wide learning programs be implemented in the future?

Organization-wide learning programs will likely be implemented through a combination of in-person and online training, with a focus on personalized and adaptive learning. Emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning can help to identify individual learning needs and provide tailored learning experiences.

1. What’s important to consider when designing a blended learning course?

When designing a blended learning course, it’s important to consider the balance between online and in-person components, the types of activities and assessments that will be used in each mode of delivery, and the support and resources that will be available to learners.

1. What are the top 3 factors to consider in course presentations?

The top 3 factors to consider in course presentations are:

i). Clarity: ensuring that the presentation is easy to understand and follow, with clear and concise language, visuals, and examples.

ii). Engagement: using a variety of presentation methods such as videos, interactive activities, and case studies to keep learners engaged and interested.

iii). Relevance: ensuring that the content presented is relevant to the learning objectives and is applicable to real-world situations.

4 Likes

Great answers. They are well researched.

1 Like

Count me in for the celebration :slight_smile:

Maybe I can share a thought about “What’s important to consider when designing a blended learning course?”
Probably from an L&D expert you would expect answers along the lines of what’s a reasonable split, 70/20/10, etc.
But I am much more concerned about the business impact. Without that, all the precious L&D time is a bit wasted, hence I would answer the question as follows:
First of all, focus on creating business value with the L&D venture. Start solving a real business issue, and then calculate backwards what intervention is needed to address that. The details of a blended learning program are not so relevant in my mind, as long as we can solve the business issue, which will then create self-confidence from a user’s perspective, and it will create trust from a management perspective.

What do you all think?

Greetings from Switzerland, Europe,
Gabriel

Looking forward to join the party!

Here are my answers:
-What is the best way to incorporate peer feedback?
By first designing questions/ peer review frameworks that target actionable and high-priority elements. When the feedback is action-oriented and relevant, incorporating it becomes much easier.
-What role, if any, does gamification play in course creation?
IMO, gamification is not always a part of the course creation process. If justified, it can be a targeted tool used in the process.
-What’s important to consider when designing a blended learning course?
When designing a blended learning course, it’s important to make sure we create and facilitate a psychologically safe and accessible learning environment, both online and in person.

4 Likes

Hello, I look forward to it!

My responses to questions:

I believe team collobration is one of the best approaches to incorporate feedback.

4 Likes

This is a great suggestion. I look forward to learning more about gamification options.

4 Likes

I’m confused how I can participate in the zoom event. I’ve been registered, but there’s no any active link leading to the Zoom room. The link i’ve got in my calendar leads me to the event landing page.

1 Like

First and most importantly, thank you so kindly, to the awesome LX Community and a sincere expression of gratitude for all participants for the fantastic discussion in the chat!

A comment that still resonates with me from January 8th, 2023.

Links from the Presentation on AI and the Future of Learning Design

1. The TOME AI presentation LINK

2. The Pixabay Music used for the Guided Meditation for Learning Designers , Relaxing Sounds 123887 by Relaxing Time (22 minutes) LINK

3. The Google Doc for the Chat GPT Guided Meditation LINK

LX First Birthday 2023

LX First Birthday Video Link

I will follow this up with another post with the more AI links used in the presentation.

2 Likes

When designing a blended learning course there are always three things that are at the forefront of my mind: adapting the learning to all learning styles, making the material accessible to all, and applying adult learning strategies.

2 Likes

Gamification.

Over 30 years I have stirred away from presenting boring and unretainable conferences; therefore, I have always included games/activities in each of my sessions but of course, they have to have a meaning, it is not doing them for the sake of it. Every game/activity that I do during a training session is later discussed and tied to the topic being presented, some can be tied up to more than one topic. Gamification is crucial in my training design process. Thank you.

Alejandro Gonzalez Valencia
Training & Development Professional

1 Like

Wishing you all a good weekend!
Gabriel

This was a great event, the speakers were amazing!

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the Meditation and learning about DALL E 2. Also enjoyed reading discussions on gamification - still learning about this and thinking about the role it could play in online course engagement for students during and perhaps even after the class.

2 Likes

Thanks @Moosin - these are all great points!

@Eve Did you see some of the follow up content @Roxann shared above? I think you’ll enjoy! We also have an “Unpopular Opinion” topic on Gamification you might enjoy! You can find that here: Opinion: Gamification devalues learning in the long run

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @algova73 ! I love how you turn the game/activities into something relevant to the session. We’ve got a post on gamification in our “Unpopular Opinion” channel that I feel like you could share some great tips in, especially given your years of experience! Here’s the link if you’re interested.

What role, if any, does gamification play in course creation?

I see Gamification providing the must needed motivation learners need to complete their “assignments” - their “tasks.” I doing some PD that uses a platform that has gamification and I love it. It motivates me to stay on top of my learning.

1 Like