Golden Rules for Audio in eLearning and Design

Hi LX Community Members!
Audio Design is a topic that recently has more attention paid to it. I’m grateful!
Being a podcast designer, I have a passionate interest in this area of learning design.
I’m not sure if it has been categorized as a design topic, but I’m making a bold claim this area should be included or at the least examined by all learning experience designers when designing learning experiences. We know how important visual content is to increase learner engagement, and now we need to include the audio learning experience for increasing learner engagement.

“eLearning is typically associated with written online content and visuals. In some cases, even tactile elements are integrated to cater to our sense of touch. But the ears are often left out of the equation. Using the right audio in your eLearning course design can make it even more engaging, emotional, and memorable for your online learners.”

Audio In eLearning: 7 Golden Rules For eLearning Professionals

Link

3 Likes

This article covers the basic in a super engaging manner. Love articles like this. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Contrary to popular opinion, video did not kill the radio star! Great points and share, thanks @Roxann

1 Like

@WJRyan How fun! Of course a once popular song chorus is most appropriate and most appreciated!

The YouTube way back machine is needed!
YouTube Video Link

1 Like

It kicked out MTV when the channel actually played music videos! :slight_smile:

1 Like