Rituals at Work: Teams that play together stay together

Interesting post with personal commentary om ideas to build, blend, and bond.

3 Likes

Hi Bill @WJRyan ,
The Rituals at Work post for me, was a home run! In my last physical work space - a university lunch room was the place and space where we congregated for coffee, chats and celebrations. It was during those social times that people often shared personal and professional ideas too. Remote sharing can also be a place and space for sharing and caring. It is not as difficult as it might seem as you point out with your examples! I love the donut box image and creative sharing box example too! It seems work cultures can be influenced in very creative, and meaningful ways. A workplace that fosters care of the person first, (physically and psychosocially) should be the first tenet including values and perspectives, of cultivating and nurturing a caring and ethical work place culture.

1 Like

So glad it resonated with you @Roxann and I believe the Great Reshuffle will find those organization’s that retain & recruit include these values from day 1.

1 Like

Even when our trainers aren’t remote from the staff they train, they are remote from each other as they are in 4 different locations. We have started participating in virtual team buiding activities. Participation and feedback seem to indicate staff enjoy the activities and I have seen an increase in staff communication, both personal and professional, and collaboration.

2 Likes

Great share, thanks @wendyanndamon . It’s the connection we make and cultivate that matters, yes tech can get in the way however I’ve been in rooms filled with people and never felt more alone - for some (ok, me a #quiet type person) the modality doesn’t matter, the discussion does.

2 Likes