The Link Between Dopamine and Learning Outcomes

Two days ago I watched an interesting YouTube video about dopamine and it’s relationship to motivation and learning. The topic is highly relevant for learning designers. I had never seen dopamine linked in anyway to learning until I watched a YouTube video. LINK

Additionally, the info below is another fantastic resource to investigate :).

The Link Between Dopamine and Learning Outcomes: What Does it Mean for Business?

First, when dopamine is not present during the learning process, a person’s performance will suffer due to the lack of motivation (ie. engagement).

• First, when dopamine is not present during the learning process, a person’s performance will suffer due to the lack of motivation (ie. engagement).
  • Second, because dopamine is linked to memory, it triggers the brain to remember the action/material (ie. retention). Translation? Dopamine = engagement + retention.

LINK

2 Likes

“Dopamine is the chemical in the brain that controls reward-motivated behavior” & when we are #engaged in the process with others by feedback, discussions, collaboration & knowing #WIIFM we feel good. I think a key to this is it isn’t about the delivery channels used, it’s about the process used intentionally. Use high tech but always focus on the high touch. Neat post @Roxann !

2 Likes