Deloitte’s 2024 Gen Z and Millennial Survey

My take-away’s, (with bias from my 2 recently graduated (yay!) Gen Z’s), is the top 3 are purpose of work and of the organization is a driver, what the company stands for and does matters. Second is stability and a level of security is sought - between being born in and around 9/11, the 2008 recession, Afghanistan, Trump and COVID these groups have experienced a lot. Finally, flexibility and life balance matters as they watched their parents be good employees and still get laid off, this group has seen what stress does and what changes when there’s some flexibility within a household. I feel good about these groups and hope they drive more change!

“Now in its 13th year, Deloitte’s 2024 Gen Z and Millennial Survey connected with nearly 23,000 respondents across 44 countries, examining the evolving circumstances shaping the workplace and the societal experiences of these generations globally.”

“This year’s survey spotlights two generations who are grappling with financial insecurity, high stress levels, and mounting climate anxiety. They are also considering how rapidly evolving technology, like GenAI, will impact their jobs and their longer-term career decisions,” says Elizabeth Faber, Deloitte Global Chief People & Purpose Officer. “But they see reasons for optimism in the year ahead and they continue to push for the changes they want to see, in the workplace and society more broadly.”

2 Likes