Introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone! Sorry for my delay to join to the conversation. My name is Miguel Aranda and I’m a professional on Learning and development with more than 10 years of experience on private, public and third sector. Right now I’m working on community development projects in Mexico. Also I’m a Instructional Designer at TTEC.

My Linkedin profile is https://www.linkedin.com/in/miguelrarandaz/

2 Likes

Hi Kathleen, @KOuellette,
I am grateful for your kind words! You are very welcome here at any time! We were once all newbies remember always that being new you have beautiful fresh eyes on the topic! This is called a beginners mind and it is exciting and I feel your positive energy for being in the course! I actually took the course twice and many learners have done the same. I felt exactly as you do! As you work your way through the course, you will gain confidence and you have us here to support you in any way!
You got this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all. I am Wendy Ann. I am jping you from Austin Texas. I have been involved in L&D for over 30 years and am really excited about the opportunity to colllaborate with other L&D professionals. I previously worked in the education and social service sectors and now I am in the government sector. I look forward to learning from you all and sharing any of my experiences that may be of benefit to others.

2 Likes

Welcome, @MiguelAranda ! Greetings from NYC to Mexico! We are thrilled that you are here and also by the fascinating and provocative questions that you are asking around innovation and education in this thread: Innovation it's a tool, not a goal on education. (Debate propossal) - #2 by alexgruhin

I look forward to engaging in many future conversations with you here in The LX!

1 Like

Welcome, @wendyanndamon ! We are delighted that you are here. I absolutely love Austin - home of the greatest doughnuts on planet earth at Gourdough’s (I dream of them often). I look forward to learning from you here in the community forum and to hopefully connecting at an indulgent doughnut-infused LX meetup in Austin at some point in the not too distant future!

Hi, I am Nitin Nigam, working as Manager L&D for Boston Scientific ASEAN INDIA and Korea. I am passionate about developing Selling Skill, Leadership skill specifically Coaching & EQ. I am a certified EQ practitioner and Assessor Six Seconds. I have done my post graduation in OD and Change Management. Excited to be part of this community to learn new ways of helping people learn and apply. I believe, “Whatever got me here is not sufficient to keep me here.”

Hi folks! My name is Andrew Ratner. I’m an ID of 5 years and formerly a high school English teacher of 8. I’m currently on the job hunt (so if anyone wants to pitch something my way, feel free :grinning:), so no job title as of yet. Personally, I’m very interested in the totality of learning in an org–how everyone and everything supports learning. I’m into how that works for others, how it’s encouraged, how it should function, etc. I’m also really into the new wave of content curation and the ethical/DEI issues with machine learning and curation. Can’t wait to discuss!

Hello Nitin @nitinnigam3 - welcome. Would love to hear more about your EQ practitioner work and Assessor Six Seconds. Perhaps you’ll be inspired to post in the section here titled, “Celebrating Wins” so we can learn more. Intrigued with your last sentence about the stuff to “keep me” there!

Hello Andrew @aratner1 - welcome. The teaching profession is a noble and inspiring pursuit. It can also be exhausting. Are you looking to stay with teaching and at what level? And we too are curious about the ethical/DEI issues with machine learning and curation. Do you have good reading resources on that topic?

1 Like

Hey Annie! Actually, I left teaching in 2017 for ID. It burned me out really hard, and I needed time to be with my family instead of writing curriculum and lesson plans for 13 hours a day on Sundays :frowning: That said, I used to work for a knowledge management company that uses knowledge graphs to create webs of data and interlink them. You can then use machine learning to do a whole bunch of stuff that’s super complicated and I don’t get it entirely, but it is supposed to make things better, hah.

Personally, I think about it from a content curation standpoint. I’m not entirely sure how to put together this stuff because I haven’t read much research (Just some, and I lost the articles bc they were from my former job. I’ll post some when I find it and tag you!).

Would love to pair up–maybe we can do some research together?

1 Like

Actually, I just found this article and this one from Learning Solutions magazine!

Hi,
Thanks for your nice comment. I will share my share my learnings as EQ practitioner in the section suggested. Glad to be part of a vibrant community.

1 Like

Life is a learning journey. The best way to move forward is to just start the process. You may find possible research partners within this learning community - ya never know!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone! I am glad to be part of the current Novo Ed LXD Experience. I am a Hoosier transplant to the state of Ohio. I am an online instructor at K12, Inc.- Stride Learning Company, and work primarily with young adults at a 100% online credit recovery high school. I earned a certificate in Instructional Design and have also worked as a freelancer in the field of ID since 2011. I am finishing up my MS in Instructional Design and am looking to move out of online instruction and into full time Learning and Development. I look forward to sharing ideas and creating some great things in this group.

1 Like

Welcome, @LeanneSuttles1 ! Where are you finishing your MS in Instructional Design - and what inspired you to get the degree?

2 Likes

Hey there! I’m Ruth Le and I am an LXD at the University of Michigan. I am new to this role but did freelance for Journeyage in AZ. I shifted from 8 years in special education in secondary schools and it is definitely a change of pace. I do love learning about how to adapt learning to the online global classroom. I am excited to connect!
Linkedin

2 Likes

Hi Annie, I am completing my degree at Walden University. I made the move out of a traditional school setting about 15 years ago to work from home. I stumbled upon Instructional Design, realized I loved it, and pursued the post-BA certificate. Over the years, I have taken courses within the program to maintain my teaching credentials. This turned into being close to earning the MS degree so I decided to just dig in and finish my last 4 classes.

2 Likes

Welcome @ruthle ! We are delighted that you are here. Your journey from special education in secondary schools to Journeyage and now Michigan is extraordinary. And how fabulous to work for such an esteemed institution as the University of Michigan! I’m fascinated by the hyper interdisciplinary Design Science Program at Rackham in particular. Are you familiar with that program? Looking forward to interacting with you across the boards!

Hello all, my full name is Jeremiah Parry-Hill. I work in instructional design at Rochester Institute of Technology near the south shore of Lake Ontario.

My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jparryhill/

The topic about which I am most passionate and endlessly learning is the social/community component of education. I am interested in helping to create good conditions for learning, and in many cases I find that starts with fostering true dialogue between peers. I see this as an endless challenge to establish and refine.

2 Likes

Great to be here all. My name is Justin Hummel. I work with Docebo as a director of platform partnerships. I have worked in the professional development/CE industry for years and love talking about learning. Thanks Novoed for this forum.

My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-a-hummel/

1 Like