What do you believe about L&D that no one else believes?

Share some of your favorite responses from our first campfire breakout: what do you believe about L&D that no one else believes?

2 Likes

I know the Campfire isn’t until the 19th, but the question is near to my heart, and that is that learning is a strategic business tool, and we can show a positive Return on Learning.

1 Like

I thought the Campfire was on the 19th too? I’m thinking about the intentionality for human well- being in L & D and if this will be integrated in measurable ways in the future.

1 Like

I believe that leadership (skills) can be learned and is not an innate trait.

3 Likes

Technology is not always the answer…gasp!

2 Likes

Managers have more of an impact on what their directs learn than learning professionals. (CMM! :grin:)

2 Likes

A bold comment - but very true!

As excited as I get about the power of learning technology to make the world a better place, I’ve learned that scaling adoption requires balancing technology with the human element. I love how cohort-based learning brings more of the human element back into the experience!

2 Likes

I believe that leadership development should be for every employee, not just those in, or wanting to be in a leadership position. Everybody leads something, even if it’s just themselves!

I’ll add that training isn’t always the answer either @dianegsb ! :slight_smile: